Celsite® Anthron® Arterial
For loco-regional chemotherapy of liver tumours via a tapered heparin covered polyurethane catheter (percutaneous implantation technique)
Celsite® Anthron® Arterial Port Systems are indicated for arterial applications and permit loco-rogional chemotherapy directly targeting tumours.
The Anthron® catheter is specially designed for percutaneous access via the femoral or axillary artery to the hepatic artery and for hepatic arterial infusion of chemotherapy (HAIT). Anthron® is a hydrophilic polyurethane catheter to which heparin is ionically bound. It is particularly indicated to help prevent catheter occlusion and catheter-related thrombosis.
- Tapered catheter (5F to 2.7F), with side hole, for placement of the catheter tip in the gastroduodenal artery.
- Anatomic design and lower profiled nose for simplified insertion and patient comfort
- Made out of lightweight polysulphone
- Titanium chamber for enhanced security
- Available in small size only
- High density silicone septum for reliable puncture and to ensure maximum port life
- 3 suture holes to facilitate fixation of the port
- Reliable radiopaque connection ring with anti-kink protection
- MRI compatible, Latex, DEHP and PVC free
Available Implantation Technique
The taper of the catheter is trimmed to the optimal lengh for the patient and immobilised in the artery with embolisation agents. The side hole of the catheter ensures the flow of medication.