EmerTher® Magnetic Viral RNA Extraction Kit
Used to extract viral RNA from swab transport media, sputum, respiratory lavage fluid, serum, plasma, and environmental samples, etc.
The kits are composed of superparamagnetic nanoparticles and an efficient extraction reagent system. With unique surface modification, the magnetic beads form strong binding with nucleic acids and also enable easy elution. Extracted nucleic acids can be used directly in the subsequent molecular diagnostics, including RT-PCR testing.
1) Rapid Extraction: 12-20 min to complete viral RNA extraction process; no need to use proteinase K;
2) High Extraction Efficiency: extract trace nucleic acids (<10 IU/mL), protect easily degradable RNA, and reduce false negative results;
3) Biosafe: no need for lysis at high temperature, reducing the formation of aerosol and the risk for infection of professional personnel; free of toxic organic reagents such as phenol and chloroform;
4) Reducing Cross-contamination: aerosol reduction can reduce cross-contamination and false positive results;
5) Designed for Automation: Prefilled plates can be used on Emerther® automatic nucleic acid extraction instruments and most other nucleic acid extraction instruments/liquid handlers on the market.
1) Bottle format (100 preps/box, contains reagents in bottles)
2) Prefilled-plate formats (96 preps/box, contain plates which are prefilled with reagents and tip combs)
Automatic extraction procedure:
1) Add clinical samples into individual vials;
2) Place the plates into a nucleic acid extraction instrument/liquid handler. The instrument will automatically complete the whole extraction process.