The new Bio-Optica control unit is composed of BEC150 paraffin dispenser and BCP170 cooling plate.
The operating parameters, switch-on and switch-off of the two modules can be
The BEC150 paraffin dispenser is equipped with the following:
- Proximity sensor for dispensing paraffin, with flow control function
- 6 heated, pull-out holders for forceps
- 2 paraffin collection drawers with disposable containers
- Peltier spot capable of accommodating embedding molds for large samples
- Double thermal unit capable of accommodating the racks of any floor-standing processor
- Double jack for heated forceps or pestle
- Touch-screen monitor
- Fully lit work surface
Accurate thermostatic control of the paraffin tank and work plate, and separate heating
of the dispensing nozzle keep the operating temperature constant at all times.
The BCP170 cooling plate can accommodate up to 70 standard embedding cassettes and can be positioned on the right or the left of the paraffin dispenser according to the
needs of the operator. The dispenser can be ordered with the optional BCP230 cooling plate.