Automatic device for soft tissue biopsy
ESTER is a fully automatic, single-use device, particularly indicated for prostatic, hepatic, renal and mammary biopsies. Due to its particular features, specific technical aspects of this device have been patented.
1. A single button that loads the cannula and the stylet.
With this system the device can be used with one hand, ensuring greater convenience and comfort, as well being able to use of the ultrasound
scan with the free hand.
2. Two possible firing buttons: one on the side and one on the back, which can be chosen by the doctor in relation to his/her specific manual
3. The fire can take place in two distinct alternatives, chosen by the Doctor:
3.1 Delay system: pressing the button lightly allows the stylet only to advance, thus exposing the sampling cavity out of the cannula.
Subsequently, pressing the button until it stops allows the cannula to advance forward. In this way the fire takes place through two
distinct actions and the time between one and the other is defined by the doctor.
3.2 Automatic system: pressing the button until it stops advances the stylet and the cannula simultaneously (the advancement time is
slightly out of phase, but the fire, in this case, takes place through a single action).
ESTER can be equipped with a coaxial needle (Introducer) to the device, recommended in biopsies with multiple samples (egg. mammarbiopsies).
ESTER is available in various versions:
– In the “Double Step” version: automatic and delay system
– In the “Single Step” version: automatic single shot.