Anti-dislocation bone marrow biopsy needle
The TOTALLY REMOVE needle allows users to perform bone marrow biopsies on the iliac crest.
With this particular system, called “TOTALLY”, it is possible to avoid the dislocation manoeuvre when the sample is being withdrawn. The sample is blocked inside the system. With a single hole in the patient, it is possible to perform both a histological and a cytological sampling.
The “Trocar” tip stylet guarantees fast and non-traumatic penetration.
The ergonomic handle improves grip and the precision of the biopsy operation.
With the universal Luer-Lock connector, any syringe can be connected.
The ultra-sharp crown tip of the cannula facilitates the removal of an intact bone marrow fragment.
1. Insert the needle, with a stylet, perpendicular to the bone surface.
Progress forward by rotating the needle to the right and left. When the resistance decreases, the medullary cavity has been entered.
2. Remove the stylet and advance into the medullary cavity for about 2 cm.
3. Insert the TOTALLY cannula and rotate the entire device 360° twice, cutting a fragment of bone marrow tissue from the distal part, without
damaging it and avoiding its dislocation.
4. Remove the TOTALLY cannula from the needle and insert a special extractor into the same TOTALLY cannula, enabling the withdrawal of
the sample to be analysed.
5. If bone marrow blood needs to be drawn, attach a syringe with a Luer-Lock connector to the Luer-Lock connection of the needle that is still
inserted in the patient.
6. At the end of the procedure, remove the needle from the patient.