Hemocor HPH® Junior
The Hemocor HPH Junior is the newest member of the Hemocor family. A lower prime volume and nearly three times the ultrafiltration potential of the HPH Mini, the HPH junior is an alternative for pediatric applications.
Using the HEMOCOR HPH™ Hemoconcentrator:
• Reduces the need for homologous blood and blood
products by providing patients with their own
concentrated whole blood.
• Maintains the desired hematocrit level for oxygen
transport to tissues.
• Decreases the risk of post-operative bleeding through the
retention of platelets and plasma coagulation proteins.
• Maintains oncotic pressure by retaining plasma
proteins while quickly and gently removing excess
• Minimizes the need for diuretic use, which may be
contraindicated for some patients.
• Polysulfone membrane offers excellent biocompatibility
• Proprietary fiber manufacturing process ensures
• No-rinse fiber for convenient set up
• Complete model selection offers ultrafiltration rates
for the full range of patients from the neonate to
• Meets the biocompatibility requirements of ISO 10993-4
selection of tests for interactions with blood
Hemoconcentration: The Treatment of Choice
The use of hemoconcentrators during cardiac
bypass surgery has continued to rise rapidly.
Hemoconcentration has become the preferred method of
controlling hemodilution during cardiopulmonary surgery
by surgeons and perfusionists throughout the world.
This process is also being performed to maintain higher
hematocrit levels and to reduce the need for additional
blood products during and after bypass.