The IDS System (Inter-rib Distraction Stabilizer) is indicated for treatment of TIS – Thoracic Insufficiency Syndrome in skeletally immature patients.
Usage of the IDS system allows to:
– increase thoracic volume,
– correct scoliosis,
– improve thoracic function,
– avoid growth-inhibiting procedures,
– obtain thoracic symmetry,
– proper lung development.
• progressive thoracic congenital scoliosis with concave fused ribs,
• progressive thoracic congenital scoliosis with flail chest,
• progressive thoracic congenital, neurogenic or idiopathic scoliosis,
• hypoplastic thorax syndrome including:
– Jarcho-Levin syndrome,
– Jeune’s syndrome,
– Ellis-van Creveld syndrome,
• acquired chest wall defect,
– chest wall tumor resection,
– traumatic flail chest,
– surgical separation of conjoined twins.
The IDS elements are made of titanium alloy Ti6Al4V characterized by high biocompatibility and mechanical strength.