The ReCapTM Capillary Array Regeneration kit offers a complete rejuvenation and
revitalization of old and failing capillaries. The kit can be used on capillary arrays that start
to lose resolution, or showing smears or tails in the electropherogram. Additionally, it
cleans the pump blocks of the machine, preventing or getting rid of yellow or red haze.
1. Start the computer and instrument and launch data collection software
2. Open the doors and remove the left buffer jar from the pump block, Make sure
the white drip tray is in place underneath the pump block
3. Fill the empty buffer bottle completely with deionized water and install it at the
polymer bottle position
4. Perform and complete a water wash wizard from the wizard pull-down menu
✓ When told to reinstall polymer, do not replace the bottle. Choose for
NOTE: When the system during the wizard asks for bubbles visible, always click
“no”, even if there are bubbles. Because of the lower viscosity of the buffers and
water, there will form some bubbles in the pump chamber. This is no problem.
✓ Finish the wizard by filling the capillary array. To do so, doors have to be
closed. The array will now be filled with water.
NOTE: This takes only few seconds because of low viscosity
5. After clicking “finish” go to manual control and choose polymer pump
✓ Choose the option: Fill 80 cm capillary (independent of the real cap.
✓ Repeat previous step 3 times to rinse the capillaries thoroughly
6. Open the doors of the instrument
7. Install ReCap Buffer 1
8. Repeat step 4 -6 with Buffer 1 instead of water