Detection of Adefovir Resistance in Chronic Hepatitis B
Chronic hepatitis B can progress to cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma, and the inhibition of the proliferation of the causative hepatitis B virus is clinically important. As the duration of antiviral administration increases, the risk of drug resistance also increases, making long-term inhibition of hepatitis B viral load more difficult.
HepB Typer-Adefovir provides a sensitive diagnosis of mutations that cause Adefovir resistance and provides guidelines for the drug regimen of chronic hepatitis B treatment.
High Accuracy and Sensitivity
- Analytical sensitivity: 100 IU/ml
- Fully concordant with direct or clonal sequencings
Early Detection of Drug Resistant Virus
- Detects drug resistant virus of less than 10% of the whole viral population
Monitoring of Relative Abundance
- Predicts viral breakthrough, the main cause for failure in hepatitis B treatment, by monitoring predominance of resistant virus known to precede viral breakthrough
Definitive Determination of Mixture of Multiple Mutations
- Precisely identifies mixture of multiple mutations, whereas direct sequencing could not identify specific genotypes with a double mutation in one codon due to the inability of sequencing to determine haplotype