rapid AIDS test / HIV / serum / plasma
serum, plasma, whole blood
Model name: HIV Test
Humasis HIV 1/2 Card is a one step in vitro diagnostic test based on immunochromatographic assay. It is designed for qualitative determination of antibodies against HIV 1/2 in human serum, plasma or whole blood specimen.
· Simple one-step HIV rapid test
· Blood sample: whole blood / serum / plasma
· Excellent performance 99.5%
· Detect HIV Type 1 and Type 2
· Highly immunogenic recombinant viral proteins are used.
- p24(core protein) and gp41(envelop protein) for HIV 1
- gp36(envelop protein) for HIV2
· Shelf-life: 18months
What is HIV?
Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is a causative agent of acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and is mainly transmitted by sexual contact. AIDS has been widespread over the world these days since HIV was discovered from Africa at first on 1981. There are 2 types of HIV which are HIV 1 and HIV 2. It is important to detect antibodies against the HIV 1/2 type for diagnosing whether the virus is infected or not. Because HIV is not an endogenous retrovirus in humans, the presence of antibodies against HIV is acceptable evidence of infection or prior exposure to this virus. It is now known that HIV is an enveloped virus that contains a positive strand RNA.