The IST AG MicroFlowSens (MFS) technology was developed for fast flow measurements. Due to the membrane system, the thermal mass is reduced to the minimum resulting in a very fast response time and low power consumption. In addition to measuring flow rates, the MicroFlowSens offers an outstanding sensitivity and is able to detect flow direction. The MFS flow sensor is optimal for limited space system integration and is available as integrated sensor on a PCB.
Further advantages of the MFS thermal mass flow sensor include:
- Excellent solution for applications with high flow rates and fast response time in CTA mode
- Very high measuring dynamic with CTA mode (10'000'000 : 1) without bypass
- Excellent for the measurement of very low flow rates and leakage detection with bridge mode
- High chemical resistance against aggressive gases and vapors
- Different sensitivities and circuit topologies available
- Detection of flow direction
- Customer-specific sensor layout upon request
The IST AG MFS gas flow sensor is optimal for measurements in process control, hand held devices and in medical applications.