The LS-series of pulsed laser diode modules offer all of the features needed to safely drive pulsed lasers of different powers, in a compact housing. The modules are easy to handle and require only a +12 VDC supply and a trigger signal. External devices, such as trigger interfaces, are not necessary. These modules make the operation of pulsed lasers as straightforward as their cw counterparts.
For most applications it is only necessary to drive the laser with constant power and pulse length. However the following additional options are also offered:
• adjustable pulse power (via control voltagel
• adjustable pulse length (via control voltage)
These options offer the user greater flexibility and albw parameters to be changed while the laser is operating. Such flexibility can mean real cost savings in product development. A range of housing types is offered, including closed metal housings and low-cost versions. The metal versions are fully nickel-plated, in order to reduce EMI emissions from the module, and to protect the module from any external EMI.
• Wavelength: 850 nm /905 nm /1550 nm
• Optical peak power: 1 W — 220 W
• Short rise and fall times
• Compact housing
• Complete unit—no additional equipment needed
• Adjustable pulse power [optional]
• Adjustable pulse length (optional)
• Straightforward interfacing (standard drive voltages, Tit& CMOS trigger)
• Excellent temperature stability