The Weco E.5 Series combines all the necessary functionalities of today’s state of the art edger. The E.5 provides you with all the tools you need to achieve the best results in optical craftsmanship. From different bevel types and groove and chamfer functionality, to angular drilling, the E.5 is the 1st answer for modern frame fashions and maximum flexibility for your lab.
• E.5 All materials – Four 90 mm (3.5 in) edging wheels:
all plastics (CR 39, polycarbonate, Trivex™, high index), mineral wheel, bevel
and rimless finishing, rimless polishing, high curve mode, mini-bevel.
• E.5 All plastic version – Three 90 mm (3.5 in) edging wheels:
all plastics (CR 39, polycarbonate, Trivex™, high index), bevel and rimless finishing, bevel and rimless polishing, high curve mode, mini-bevel.
• Integrated drilling function: holes, notches, blind or open oblong holes.
• Drilling angle adjusts automatically from 0° to 30°
• Lens measurement prior to roughing with an accuracy of 0.05 mm.
• Feeling front and rear curvature and lens thickness.
• Visual preview of lens on request, before starting roughing cycle.
• 5 different bevels: front face, percentage (default setting), automatic bevel, bevel according to a specific curve, manual bevel
• Edging process controlled according to the material selected, the treatment required, and the fragility.
• Minimum edging diameters: rimless finish 17.75 mm, grooved finish 18.2 mm, bevel finish 19.4 mm, safety bevel finish 22 mm.
• Rimless and bevel polishing (depending on the roughing materials)