3M P3 FILTERS -
• - solid top design reduces the chance of premature clogging, or soiling with dirt, grime, water or dust
• - protective casing aids decontamination practices
• - temperature resistant cover protects filter media from heat, sparks or physical damage
• - patented-bonded web technology has more surface area than many standard filters, which helps lower breathing resistance, making it more comfortable to use
• - filters help deflect sparks and splashes of liquid
• - casing assists in environments where decontamination is required
The whole head is protected from airborne droplets, crucial transmission vectors.
Thanks to the 3M P3 filters, the risk of infection is dramatically reduced.
Filters should be changed when they become clogged with particulate contaminant; the wearer can determine when this occurs, as it becomes harder to breathe through the filters.
The filters are designed to filter out particles in industrial conditions and in concentrations much higher than is likely to be encountered in a pandemic situation. It is therefore expected that one set of filters will cover at least one pandemic wave, after which they should be replaced for infection control reasons.