The DC-STIMULATOR PLUS is a stimulator for use in scientific research. It provides a stimulation with weak direct (tDCS) or alternating (tACS, tRNS) currents (transcranial Electrical Stimulation tES), within non-invasive Interventional Neurophysiology. The electrical charge and current density applied through a constant current source are far below the threshold for releasing a stimulus. Depending on the duration, the used current, the current density, and the frequency the stimulation has a modular effect on existing neuronal elements by either activating or inhibiting cortical activity.
The DC-STIMULATOR PLUS is a micro-processor-controlled constant current source. It meets the highest safety standards thanks to (hardware- and software-based) multistage monitoring of the current path. By continuously monitoring electrode impedance it can detect insufficient contact with the skin and automatically terminate stimulation.
- 1 channel stimulation
- bipolar stimulation with tACS and tRNS
- adjustable range of current ±4,500 µA, maximum adjustable current strength ±1,500 µA (peak-to-peak)
- adjustable application time up to 30 minutes
- frequencies adjustable up to 250 Hz, phase freely adjustable
- 4 standard modes - tDCS (continuous stimulation) - pulse (cyclical stimulation activation/deactivation) - sinus (sinus wave) - noise (normally distributed)
- customer-specific programs possible (optional)
- extension for use of the DC-STIMULATOR PLUS in fMRI scanners (optional)
- "signal out" provides stimulation signal to EEG devices for noise-free EEG during tDCS, tACS, tRNS (optional)