The Phosphor Plate Scanner is a scanner for reading intraoral phosphor plates (PSP). The plates are used as receptors for radiographies obtained with an X-Ray unit. Once the take is done, the PSP is introduced into the scanner's slot, which read it and send the image to the PC.
The scanner reads and clears the plates in 20 seconds, allowing the plate to be reused repeatedly. Under good using conditions, each plate allows to take around 1000 exposures.
Note: Scanner only works with IMAGEN plates.
The system works with a special software to manage and store the images. This software has many utilities including:
- Display in scenic and / or multi image
- Enlarging images with dynamic zoom and scroll
- Flip and rotate images
- Change brightness and contrast
- Application median filters, logarithmic, noise reduction, dynamic and spatial
- Modify LUT (look up table) and Gamma (compression gray scale)
- Reversal of the gray scale (positive / negative)
- Applying special filters such as the exclusive harmonizer that optimizes the display of all the density on the image
- Viewing histograms and representation densitometry profiles
- Inserting anatomical references according to international numbering
- Measuring linear and angular dimensions with the possibility of dedicated calibration
- Printing images with or without comments and measurements
14, 3 lpm real resolution images