Dirofilariasis is a serious and potentially fatal disease in pets. It is caused by foot-long worms (heartworms) that live in the heart, lungs, and associated blood vessels of affected pets, causing severe lung disease, heart failure, and damage to other organs.
RIDXTM CHW Ag Test Kit is a lateral flow chromatographic immunoassay for the qualitative detection of canine heartworm antigens in canine blood. This kit shows two letters which are the test (T) line and the control (C) line on the surface of the device. If the CHW antigen exists in the sample, it binds to the gold-conjugated anti-canine CHW antibody. The antigen-antibody complex moves through the membrane by capillary force and responds to the CHW monoclonal antibody on the test line, resulting in a red line. The control line indicates that the test is performed correctly and should appear when the test is complete.
The highly selective and sensitive monoclonal antibody to Dirofilaria immitis is used as capture in the kit. RIDXTM CHW Ag Test Kit can detect CHW antigens in canine blood with high accuracy.
Canine blood (whole blood, serum, or plasma)
• CHW Ag test device (10 tests)
• Disposable dropper (10 ea)
• Anti-coagulant tube (with EDTA, 10 ea)
• Clinical Sensitivity: 96.4% (53/55)
• Clinical Specificity: 100% (30/30)
• No Cross-reactivity with seven canine pathogens (CCV, CPV, CDV, CIV, E. coli, Salmonella, and Giardia)
• Male and female Dirofilaria immitis can be diagnosed.
• 10 Tests/Kit
• 12 Kits/Box (120 Tests/Box) or 40 Kits/Box (400 Tests/Box)