Vein valve cutter
Insitucat® vein valve cutter is used for the atraumatic incision of vein valves as a preparatory step in in-situ bypass surgery. Insitucat® valvulotome consists of a polyfilament, plastic-coated guide wire. Two conical plastic olives are attached at one end. The upper olive represents the negative imprint of the venous valve sinus and has a sharp plastic cutting edge, which incises the valve when retracted. Insitucat® valvulotome is a single use product.
Conical formed plastic olives
- prevents slippage into tributary branches and damage to the intima
Sharp plastic cutting edge
- no damage to the endothelium; the valve flaps are incised in an traumatic manner not torn
Polyfilic, flexible, plastic-coated guide wire
- excellent handling and manoeuvrability
- no memory effect, therefore no pressure against the wall ofthe vessel
Sterile double packaging
- minimal space is required on the instrument table
- Insitucat® can be introduced directly from the dispenser into the vessel
Single use product
- Highest possible securityfor surgeons and patients
Insitucat® may be used for the atraumatic elimination of the venous valves for the femoral-popliteal and femoral-crural in situ bypass.
Product range: Insitucat® is available in the diameters 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5, and 5 mm.