Non-absorbable monofilament suture made of polypropylene and polyethylene
Optilene® is a sterile non-absorbable monofilament surgical suture made of polypropylene and polyethylene. Available in blue for a better visibility.
Optilene® is offered with RacePack® and LongPack® packaging presentations to reduce the memory effect. Other special presentations, including PremiPatch® PTFE pledgets, are also available.
- Superior smoothness and smaller tissue drag than polypropylene sutures.
- Controlled knot run-down and proven reliable tensile strength.
- Good handling endorsed by cardiothoracic surgeons.
- Lower memory effect than the market standard and high thread pig-tailing resistance.
- Reengineered pliability for good touch and controlled suture elongation in microsurgery sizes.
- Improved thread visibility for enhanced visual comfort.
Sizes available USP 10/0 (0.2 metric) to USP2 (5 metric)