Patient-specific cranial implants are designed on the individual patient’s anatomical model that is obtained from CT scan images. Additionally, if a specific clinical case requires, patient-specific cranial implants can be provided with patient-specific surgical guides that help to perform a surgical procedure precisely according to the pre-surgical plan.
Patient-specific cranial implants:
- precisely fit patient’s anatomy;
- perfectly restore aesthetics;
- decrease the risk of complications;
- prevent side effects;
- shortens the duration of surgery as well as the rehabilitation period.
- Patient-specific cranial implants are manufactured using 3D printing technology DMLS and medical Grade 5 titanium alloy Ti6Al4V or Polyether ether ketone (PEEK) by milling (CNC);
- patient-specific surgical guides are printed (SLS) using biocompatible polymer (PA 2200, also known as Nylon-12).
If you prefer to use a different material than Ti6Al4V or PEEK, please contact us.