drill surgical power tool / saw / reamer / pneumatic
drill, saw, reamer
spinal surgery, neurosurgery
Precision. Performance. Pleasure.
ELAN 4 is the next generation of pneumatic and electric power systems for neuro and spine departments. With a new technical concept ELAN 4 addresses important requirements and benefits of the surgeon and all parties involved in handling power systems in the hospital. It streamlines the Aesculap Power Systems Portfolio by replacing the historically grown range. This far less complex portfolio is clear and easy to understand.
ELAN 4 electro and ELAN 4 air are two systems with one handling philosophy.
New positioning of the motor before the angle, meaning there is no need for an angle gear or a motor coupling.
- No couplings needed
- Handpieces become shorter and lighter
- The angle does not get hot
- Its comfortably in the hand
- Can be held more reliable and comfortably
Benefit: High-precision, convenient and safe grip.
- Integrated motors
- On/off function integrated into the cable or hose to the motor coupling
The rotation speed is directly transferred, resulting in:
- Very smooth running
- No loss of power
- High reliability
- Compact construction – no extra switch
Benefit: Quick, powerful and reliable work.
- All couplings are plug and play compatible
- Standardised burr lengths and clear coding of burrs
- All operating elements are marked gold
Extremely easy to use:
- Streamlined surgical set with fewer components
- Handpiece will always contain the correct motor
- All types and sizes of burrs are available for all handpiece lengths