Short straight stem
FIN SHORT is a short straight stem inspired to the FIN stem design and reshaped to meet the needs of minimally invasive surgery. The FIN SHORT stem provides an alternative to the techniques of femoral resurfacing whilst maintaining the characteristics of stability that have characterized the FIN stem over the past 20 years.
– Dorsal fin ensuring rotational stability.
– Wedge shape, with the longest side towards the trochanter, allowing press-fitting of the stem.
– Longitudinal normalization lines specially designed for physiological distribution of all forces.
– Press-fit proximal design: ensures good proximal metaphyseal filling.
– 135° CCD angle which respects articular biomechanics.
– Standard morse taper 12-14 with 5° 42′ 30″ angle, in line with European standards.
– Sezione mediana opportunamente dimensionata: permette una graduale riduzione degli stress trasferiti all’osso dalla zona prossimale a quella distale.
– The tapered distal part prevents any contact between the stem and the cortical walls thus avoiding distal interposition of fibrous matter.
– Titanium with a low elasticity modulus to encourage balanced load distribution over all the surrounding areas. No concentrated forces are applied to any particular area or element, as in a healthy, unbroken femur.
– The Y 370 VPS porous titanium coating permits mechanical anchorage between the prosthesis and the bone without the interposition of fibrous tissue.
To encourage bone ingrowth the proximal part of the stem is coated with oxide-free, 99.4% pure titanium (Eurocoating® Y 370 VPS) using a vacuum plasma spray technique.