cementless acetabular prosthesis
Dual mobility cup
The concept of dual mobility (head-insert and insert-cup) is a tried and tested means of reducing the risk of dislocation and consequent treatment. The principle is that of combining a high stability of the joint afforded by a large diameter polyethylene insert and reduction of shear forces thanks to the “low-friction” of the head-insert coupling.
The “Dualis” acetabular cup makes it possible to combine dual mobility with press-fit fixation.Metal component
– Hemispherical, to allow global contact between the component and the bone acetabulum.
– Three circumferential grooves for greater primary press-fit.
– Double SPS + HA OSPROVIT plasma spray coating for greater secondary stability.
– Mirror finishing on the inside to avoid excessive wear of the polyethylene.
– Spherical shape cranially elongated to avoid dislocation.