The BICEPTOR Tenodesis System brings an efficient and adaptable approach to repairing the biceps tendon. This system has been designed to accommodate fully arthroscopic or mini-open biceps tendon repair and utilizes Smith & Nephew's BIOSURE◊ PK Interference Screws.
• Efficient and adaptable approach
• No whipstitching of tendon means a sutureless repair
• Ability to cut tendon in last step reduces guesswork and control over tensioning
• Strong pullout strength
Arthroscopic biceps tendon repair
• Injured tendon remains inside the body during repair; conventional technique requires tendon to be pulled outside the body
• No exteriorizing of tendon; system designed to facilitate a truly arthroscopic repair
Mini-open biceps tendon repair
• System designed to accommodate mini-open procedures; necessary tools included for arthroscopic or mini-open repair
• BIOSURE PK Interference Screws incorporate PEEK-OPTIMA® polymer from Invibio®
• With a modulus similar to cortical bone, PEEK-OPTIMA® polymer exhibits an ideal combination of strength, stiffness and toughness together with extensive biocompatibility.